Cyberpunk 2077, the futuristic open-world RPG that garnered both admiration and criticism upon its release, is back in the spotlight with the release of Patch 2.02. This extensive update addresses the issues, ranging from quest bugs to performance improvements.
Phantom Liberty Rebalances: A More Enjoyable Experience
One of the key aspects of this update is the rebalancing of time limits for Vehicle Contracts within the Phantom Liberty expansion. Beyond the time limit adjustments, Phantom Liberty-specific fixes abound. These include various improvements to animations, lighting, scenes, VFX, and more. Collision issues that could hinder player progress have been tackled, ensuring smoother navigation throughout the expansion.
Weapons Get a Boost: Improved Gameplay
Patch 2.02 doesn’t just concentrate on expanding the Phantom Liberty story; it delves into the core of the game as well. A variety of weapons have received buffs based on player feedback, providing a more balanced and engaging combat experience. Most notably, the Malorian Arms 3516 now features easier-to-handle recoil, even at low stamina, and increased damage.
Additional gameplay improvements include the disappearance of crafting specs for Iconic weapons after crafting the item, added stats to the tooltip of the Monowire, and fixes for issues like duplicating junk items and incorrect damage calculations when shooting through glass. Adjustments have also been made to the availability and pricing of Tier 5 Skill Shards, creating a more balanced progression system for players.
Quest Fixes: A Seamless Gaming Experience
The update doesn’t stop at gameplay improvements; it delves into the core of the game, addressing numerous issues within the base game and expansion. These fixes aim to create a more seamless gaming experience.
For instance, you can now pick up Jackie’s guns from the altar in El Coyote Cojo on saves where you’ve skipped ahead to Phantom Liberty. Sasquatch’s Hammer has been added to the vendor’s stock at the stadium’s black market, ensuring players don’t miss out on this weapon. Additionally, Dex’s body now spawns correctly, ensuring quest progression isn’t disrupted.
Platform-Specific Enhancements: PC and Console Updates
Different platforms receive tailored improvements with Patch 2.02. PC gamers will appreciate that selecting default graphics settings will now consider your hardware, providing a smoother experience. Console users will find increased sav.dat internal buffer size to prevent save corruption issues and a refined saving process.
Various optimizations, performance improvements, and crash fixes have been implemented across all platforms. Achievements and trophies that unlocked erroneously in the past have been corrected, and issues with the appearance of characters and NPCs have been resolved.
Audio Quality Enhancement
CD Projekt has remastered voiceovers in German, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese to improve audio quality and immersion, further enhancing the player experience.
Here are the full patch notes for Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.02:
- Rebalanced the time limits for Vehicle Contracts.
- Various fixes for animations, lighting, scenes, VFX, and more.
- Fixed collision issues in various locations that could cause players to get stuck.
- When starting a new game and skipping ahead to Phantom Liberty, quests that were simulated as completed will now be visible in the Journal.
- Fixed an issue where the Quadra Sport R-7 “Vigilante” wasn’t available for purchase on the Autofixer website in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where roadblocks were present in front of the Dogtown gates, thus preventing entry.
- Sasquatch’s Hammer will now appear in the vendor’s stock at the stadium’s black market if it was originally missed after the boss fight with Sasquatch.
- Dex’s body will now spawn in the landfill on saves where the option to skip ahead to Phantom Liberty was selected.
- It will now be possible to pick up Jackie’s guns from the altar in El Coyote Cojo on saves where the option to skip ahead to Phantom Liberty was selected.
- Fixed an issue where a placeholder pop-up would be displayed on Xbox Series X|S instead of an error message regarding Phantom Liberty’s installation.
- Addicted To Chaos – Fixed an issue where it could become impossible to complete the quest if the stash is looted before receiving the message with the code.
- Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos – Fixed an issue where, under specific circumstances, the quest could remain active even after failing it by not following the traces left by Songbird.
- Firestarter – It will no longer be possible to disassemble the stadium security datashard after looting it from Hansen’s body, thus blocking quest progression.
- Firestarter – It will now be possible to pick up the Bald Eagle weapon after siding with Songbird.
- Gig: Roads to Redemption – Fixed an issue where the door leading to the stadium’s weapons factory could be opened by accident earlier in Firestarter, which later interfered with gig progression and could lock the player behind the door.
- Hi Ho Silver Lining – Fixed an issue where the objective “Leave Heavy Hearts” might not be marked complete after leaving Heavy Hearts.
- I’ve Seen That Face Before – Fixed an issue where the “Go to the vantage point” objective might not be marked complete after reaching the vantage point.
- Moving Heat – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to get in the car because it didn’t spawn.
- Moving Heat – Fixed an issue where the quest could remain stuck on the “Leave with the car” objective even after getting in the car and leaving the area.
- Run This Town – Fixed an issue where the Black Sapphire could become inaccessible because of closed shutters if the player had triggered combat in the lobby at the end of You Know My Name.
- Run This Town – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to meet Mr. Hands in Heavy Hearts because the elevator was disabled.
- Run This Town – Fixed an issue where the character menu and fast travel remained blocked after removing Aguilar’s imprint.
- Run This Town – Fixed an issue where the Journal incorrectly suggested that the player had to complete Gig: Spy in the Jungle to continue the quest when, in fact, Gig: Heaviest of Hearts was required instead.
- Somewhat Damaged – Fixed an issue where Cerberus wouldn’t spawn until the corridor chase scene if the player fired a weapon in a specific spot near terminal Sierra.
- Somewhat Damaged – Removed the attribute check from doors when locked in the Observation Room and adjusted the objective to make it clearer that hiding from Cerberus is required to progress.
- Spider and the Fly – Fixed an issue where the boss fight with the Chimera might not start.
- The Damned – Fixed an issue where the quest objective disappeared after the meeting in The Moth, thus blocking progress.
- The Killing Moon – Fixed an issue where it was possible to trigger the police system while driving to the spaceport.
- Things Done Changed – Fixed an issue where the screen could go black after calling the nurse.
- Tomorrow Never Knows – Fixed an issue where completing Heroes made it impossible to ask Misty about the tarot cards.
- New Person, Same Old Mistakes – Fixed an issue where the door to Bill’s hot dog stand was still closed for some players on 2.01.
Quests & Open World:
- Fixed an issue where the Quadra Type-66 “Wingate” wasn’t visible in the Call Vehicle menu after being purchased.
- Johnny will no longer appear when collecting the reward for Trauma Drama prior to completing Act 1.
- The Trauma Team website will now be accessible on V’s computer when the Killing in the Name quest is active.
- Beat on the Brat: Arroyo – Fixed an issue where beating Buck while having Microgenerator cyberware equipped could block the completion of the quest.
- Gig: We Have Your Wife – Fixed an issue where the gig might not start after approaching the quest area.
- Life During Wartime – Fixed an issue where Panam might not get on the motorcycle and ride to the gas station if V got on theirs first.
- Path of Glory – V will no longer flatline after entering the Delamain AV.
- The Beast in Me – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to shoot from the vehicle during the race.
- Rebalanced the stats of some weapons based on player feedback.
- The Malorian Arms 3516 received a buff. Recoil is easier to handle, even at low stamina, and damage was increased.
- Crafting specs for Iconic weapons will now disappear after crafting the item.
- Added stats to the tooltip of Monowire that were missing.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to duplicate junk items.
- Bullets now deal damage correctly when shooting through glass.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to easily obtain Tier 5 Skill Shards early in the game. Their prices have also been adjusted.
- Disabled the Bait quickhack on enemies standing at the edge of an area they’re not supposed to leave.
- Fixed an issue where the Data Recycler perk recovered the base RAM cost without taking RAM reduction perks into account, thus recovering more RAM than was actually spent.
- Fixed some specific instances where crowd NPCs could clip through vehicles while walking.
- Fixed an issue that could cause elevators in various quests to spawn on an incorrect floor if a save/load was performed after they started moving.
- Fixed an issue where the appearance of V’s hands in first-person perspective might not change correctly after installing or uninstalling arm cyberware.
- Giving money to a homeless person will no longer lower your NCPD Wanted Level.
- Fixed an issue where cyberware could get downgraded to Tier 1 after updating the game