List of Competitive Exams for Government Jobs
Most Important Government Exams
Once the students finish their graduation, they aim to write government exams in order to secure a government job. The students must have the right knowledge about the type of examinations available and the government placements that follow them.
The following are the most in-demand government exams:
- SBI PO Examination – This exam is conducted by the State Bank of India for the recruitment of candidates as probationary officers. Lot of applicants apply for this exam every year. Candidates who have finished their graduation or an equivalent degree from any recognised University are eligible to apply for this exam. The applicant must be between the ages of 21 to 30 in order to be eligible to apply. Applicants with the qualification of chartered accountant can also apply. Any candidate whose is repeatedly appearing for the SBI PO examination can appear for only four times. Rojgar Results provides more information into this.
- IBPS PO Examination – This exam is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for any applicants who are interested in probationary officer post. An applicant must have completed graduation or post-graduation from a recognized University in order to be eligible to apply. The applicant must be between the ages of 20 years to 30 years to be eligible to apply. If the applicant belongs to reserved categories then age relaxation will be given as per government rules
- RBI Grade B Examination – The applicant applying for this exam must be a citizen of India. They must have achieved a minimum score of 60% in 10th or 12th or diploma degree. Applicants can retake the RBI Grade Exam only 6 times
- LIC AAO Examination – LIC AAO examination is conducted by the Life Insurance Corporation. The applicants must be citizens of India. The applicants must be graduates from a recognized University in order to be eligible to apply. The applicants must be between the age of 20 to 30 years and the people from reserved categories will have age relaxation as per government rules
- SBI & IBPS Clerk Examination – Applicants must be graduates in order to be eligible to apply. The applicants must be between the age group of 20 to 28 years. An exception to the age can be made if the applications belong to reserved categories. The applicants must have knowledge of the local languages and be able to read, write and speak in the English language. This exam is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board.
- Teacher Eligibility Test – Applicants must have finished the bachelor’s degree from any recognized University and they must have a minimum of 50% as the graduation score. If the applicant belongs to the reserved categories then a relaxation of 5% in the required graduation score is done
- UPSC Civil Services Examination – Candidates who have finished their graduation in any stream from a recognized University are eligible to apply for this exam. The age group of the candidates must be between 21 to 32 years old and this requirement has a relaxation if the candidate belongs to reserved categories. Rojgar Results provides more information on this exam.
Author: Sai Raja M
Sai Raja M is a college student who aspires to be an entrepreneur. His primary goal is to help other students choose a more meaningful and relevant career in their life
Link 2 – Latest Banking Awareness
Link 3 – Indian Polity Notes
Link 4 – RRB Results NTPC RRC 01/2019