Norton, a leading provider of cybersecurity solutions, has announced the launch of a new web browser for safest and more private online experience. Norton Secure Browser is a free browser that has built-in security and privacy tools that can be customized to individual needs.
According to Norton, the new browser is designed to protect users from various online threats, such as ads and trackers, malicious websites and phishing attempts, apps and malware that can access your passwords, and unsafe search results. It also claims to offer faster browsing speeds and better performance than other browsers.
Norton Secure Browser features:
- Privacy Guard: Block all ads and trackers that can collect their personal information and slowing the down browsing. Users can also choose to enable or disable cookies, scripts, and fingerprinting on each website they visit.
- Web Shield:This feature helps users avoid visiting harmful websites, uses Norton’s advanced technology to scan and block websites that are known or suspected to be malicious or fraudulent.
- Password Manager: This feature helps users create and manage strong passwords for their online accounts. It prevents apps and malware from accessing their passwords, and it also autofill’s their login details on trusted websites.
- Norton Safe Search: This feature helps users find safe and relevant information on the web. It uses Norton’s proprietary search engine to flag safe and potentially dangerous search results.
- Search Agnostic: This feature helps users to choose their search engine from among the most popular providers- Bing and Google.
Norton Secure Browser is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. It supports Windows 10 and 11, as well as macOS Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey. Users can download and use the browser for free from Norton’s website or here