Top Private Institute to Pursue Management Program in Mumbai
Masters of Business Administration is one of the most pursued PG degrees in India. Each year lakhs of students apply for the course and get enrolled in the 2 years business management program. However, choosing the right college to establish a successful career is also important. The articles give full details about the two top B-Schools in Mumbai.
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR)
The college was established in 1981 as a private institution. The institute is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All-India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). It also has prestigious accreditation by the Association of Advance Collegiate School of Business (AACSB).
The institute is ranked 18th among Top MBA Colleges in Mumbai by NIRF, while a survey conducted by outlook considered it as the 2nd best college.
The college has a sprawling campus of 45 acres consists of various facilities listed below:
- Library: The library of SPJIMR consists of 23,000+ books and a huge digital collection of 8,000+ CD-ROM and DVDs, including archives of in-house events, lectures, and programs. The students also have access to British Council Library and World Trade Centre Library.
- Hostels: The hostels have a capacity of 300+ students with all the amenities like computers, television, table tennis, water filters and coolers.
- Sports complex: The campus has available courts for Basketball, Football, Swimming, Jogging Track, and Volleyball.
SPJIMR offers 15+ postgraduate and doctoral programmes, and admission in the postgraduate MBA courses are offered based on the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM).
The table below describes the selection criteria for different courses:
|PGDM (Full Time 2 year)||CAT and GMAT along with Group Discussion and Personal Interview|
|PGDM (1 Year)||Direct Interview|
|PGPGM (Postgraduate Programme in General Management)||Reasoning Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview|
|PGMPW (Postgraduate Management Programme for Women)||GMAT/NMAT/CAT/XAT and GD-PI Rounds|
|FPM||GMAT/GRE/CAT/NET and RAT (Research Aptitude Test) + Personal Interview|
The college provides placements for all the courses, and the average placement has shown a consistent increase over the years. For 2020, the average annual salary for the batch of 233 students stands at INR 25 Lakhs per annum, with 36% of the batch securing placement over INR 30 LPA.
The top recruiting sector was consulting, as 84 students were placed. The top consulting companies that visited the campus were Bain & Company, Boston Consulting Group, GEP, KPMG, PWC Advisory.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS, Mumbai)
The college was established in 1981 and got the status of ‘Deemed to be University. The college has seven campuses in India. However, the main campus is located in West Mumbai. The college is known for its PGDM programme as it is ranked among the Top MBA Colleges in Mumbai.
Campus of NMIMS
- NMIMS Mumbai
- NMIMS Shirpur
- NMIMS Navi Mumbai
- NMIMS Hyderabad
- NMIMS Indore
- NMIMS Dhule
- NMIMS Bangalore
The classrooms are well equipped with modern amenities. Some of the facilities provided to the students are mentioned below:
- Library: The college library consists of 51,000+ books, 38,000+ journals, 80+ national and international journals from all aspects of business domains like Engineering, Architecture, Science, Commerce, Behavioural Science, etc.
- Hostel: The college has a total of five hostels, out of which 2 are owned by the college and 3 are rented residential apartments. All the hostels have basic amenities like a common room, recreation room, security and laundry services.
- Sports Complex: The available courts are for Basketball, Cricket, Swimming, Football, Table Tennis, Volleyball and Chess.
The college offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programmes across various domains, including Law, Science, Commerce, Design, Architecture, etc. The admission is based on the entrance examination conducted by the university like NMAT (Narsee Monjee Aptitude Test) for MBA/PGDM courses, NPAT (National Test for Programs After Twelfth) for undergraduate courses and RAT (Research aptitude test) for doctoral programmes.
The college provides placements for all the courses. In 2020, the college saw a tremendous increase in placement as 37% of the students received pre-placement offers (PPOs). The average salary received by the postgraduate batch was INR 18+LPA with a 100% placement record.