Dogs eat chocolate ?

Eating chocolate can be very dangerous for dogs, as it contains a substance called theobromine, which is toxic for animals such as dogs and cats.

Learn More

What happens if?


If a dog eats chocolate, they can experience vomiting, diarrhea, increased thirst, seizures, and, in extreme cases, death.

It is not recommended for dogs to eat chocolate, as it can be toxic to them and can lead to medical problems.

It can cause a toxic reaction in their body known as theobromine poisoning.

Theobromine is a stimulant found in the cacao bean, which is a primary ingredient in chocolate.

It is toxic to dogs because they are unable to metabolise it effectively, resulting in a buildup of theobromine in the dog’s system.

Theobromine poisoning can cause vomiting, diarrhea, an increased heart rate, seizures, or even death.

It is important to seek veterinary care immediately if a dog consumes chocolate.


Image credit: