Are you looking for a new vacuum cleaner but feeling overwhelmed by the variety of choices? Try cordless vacuums, as they are becoming more popular for their convenient and versatile way of cleaning homes.
Factors to consider in buying Cordless Vacuums:
When embarking on your quest for the ideal cordless vacuum cleaner, it’s crucial to consider several key factors:
- Surface Type: First, think about the surfaces you’ll be cleaning. Different cordless vacuums come with various attachments and settings designed for carpets, hardwood floors, tiles, and more. Some models can automatically adjust to different surface types, while others require manual switching.
- Weight, Dustbin Size, and Battery Life: The weight of your vacuum impacts maneuverability, but it can also affect dustbin size and battery life. Lighter vacuums are easier to carry but might have smaller dustbins and shorter battery lives. Meanwhile, larger dustbins allow for longer cleaning sessions, but they may add bulkiness. Longer battery life means more cleaning time but might require longer charging.
- Features and Accessories: Consider the features and accessories that enhance your vacuum’s performance and versatility. Some cordless vacuums come with advanced features like LED lights, anti-allergen filters, and smart sensors. Accessories such as crevice tools, brushes, and upholstery tools can also improve your vacuum’s functionality.
What to Look For:
- Suction Power and Airflow: Suction power and airflow are critical for effective cleaning. While suction power is often measured in watts or airwatts, it’s not the only factor to consider. The design of the nozzle, seal of the vacuum head, and filter type also affect suction. Adequate airflow ensures efficient dust and debris pickup while preventing clogging.
- Run Time and Charge Time: Cordless vacuums’ run time and charge time depend on battery type, capacity, and power mode. Lithium-ion batteries are generally preferred due to their higher capacity and faster charging. Assess run time on various power modes to meet your cleaning needs.
- User-Friendly Design: Look for a user-friendly design with a clear battery level display, easy-to-operate controls, and a hassle-free dustbin emptying process. A comfortable, ergonomic handle is essential to prevent wrist or arm strain during prolonged use.
What Specs Are Needed:
While specific specs vary based on your preferences and cleaning requirements, here are some general guidelines:
- Suction Power: Aim for at least 100 watts or 20 airwatts.
- Run Time: A minimum of 20 mins on high power mode or 40 mins on low power mode.
- Charge Time: Ideally, no more than 4 hours.
- Weight: Keep it under 3 kg for easy maneuverability.
- Dustbin Size: Aim for at least 0.5 liters for less frequent emptying.
Top Best Cordless Vacuum:
Based on the above factors, specs and reviews, we present some top picks for cordless vacuum cleaners in 2023:
- KENT Zoom Vacuum Cleaner: This cordless vacuum cleaner has a washable HEPA filter for efficient cleaning, quick charging, and 30 minutes of continuous use. It’s versatile with multiple nozzles, portable for car cleaning, and hassle-free with a bagless design.
Price: ₹6,999* [Available on Amazon]
- AGARO Supreme Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner: This powerful cordless vacuum features a 400W brushless DC motor with up to 25 kPa suction power. It comes with a rechargeable 2000 mAh battery and offers 3 adjustable suction modes (Low/Medium/High) for up to 60 minutes on the lowest setting, 8 minutes on the highest, and 20 minutes on medium.
Price: ₹15,490* [Available on Amazon]
- Dyson V15 Detect Intelligent Cord-Free Vacuum Cleaner: For those seeking premium performance, this model offers outstanding suction, smart sensors, advanced filtration, and a range of accessories. It has a power of 240 Air Watts, a 60-minute runtime, a weight of 2.74 kg, a 0.77 L bin size, and a high RPM of 125,000. It comes with DLS technology for automatic power adjustment, and real-time performance updates on an LCD screen.
Price: ₹62,499* [Available on Amazon]
- Charging: Be mindful of how the vacuum is charged, whether through a dock or a removable battery.
- Accessories: Choose a vacuum with accessories that match your cleaning needs.
- Bagless vs. Bagged: Decide between bagless and bagged models, keeping dust canister size in mind.
- Filtration: If allergies are a concern, look for vacuums with HEPA filtration.