Robot vacuum cleaners have come a long way since their introduction, offering homeowners a convenient way to keep their homes clean and tidy with minimal effort. One of the first steps in selecting the right robot vacuum cleaner is to understand your specific cleaning needs.
Are you primarily looking for a vacuum that can handle carpeted floors, or do you need one that can efficiently clean hard surfaces like wood or tile? Some robots specialize in vacuuming, while others offer the added feature of mopping. Assess your home’s flooring and decide on the type of cleaning you require.
Modern robots vacuum cleaners
Modern robot vacuum cleaners come with a range of features to enhance their cleaning capabilities and convenience:
- Navigation and Mapping: Advanced robots use cameras, lasers, or sensors to navigate through your home, creating digital maps that allow for efficient and precise cleaning. While these robots tend to be more expensive, they offer superior navigation capabilities.
- Battery Life and Charging: The battery life of a robot vacuum is crucial. Most models provide at least an hour of cleaning time, but some can extend to two hours or more. Additionally, consider whether the robot can resume cleaning from where it left off after recharging or if it starts anew.
- Dustbin Capacity and Maintenance: The size of the dustbin determines how frequently you’ll need to empty it. Some models even feature self-emptying capabilities, reducing the maintenance effort on your part.
- Smart Connectivity and Control: Many robots can be controlled through smartphone apps, voice assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant, and even remote controls. Features like virtual boundaries and room-specific cleaning allow you to customize the cleaning process to your preferences.
It’s important to note that even the most advanced robot vacuum cleaners require occasional maintenance. Some models need their dust bins swapped out for a water tank when switching from vacuum to mopping mode. Additionally, while these devices can navigate around most obstacles, they cannot climb stairs, limiting them to cleaning one floor at a time.
Pricing of Robot Vacuum cleaners:
Robot vacuum cleaners come in a wide range of prices, from budget-friendly options to high-end models. While it’s tempting to go for the latest and most advanced models, it’s essential to assess whether those features align with your specific needs. A more affordable robot vacuum can still provide efficient cleaning for many homes.
Here are some top picks for robot vacuum cleaners:
- ECOVACS DEEBOT N8 PRO: This 2-in-1 robot vacuum cleaner offers both vacuuming and mopping capabilities with powerful suction and advanced navigation. It features a large dustbin capacity and can connect to Wi-Fi for smart control via Google Assistant or Alexa.
Price: ₹20,900* | Available on Amazon
- Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop: Another 2-in-1 option, the Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop, provides strong suction and smart mapping technology. It connects to the Mi Home app for remote control and customization.
Price: ₹18,999* | Available on Amazon
- Eufy by Anker RoboVac 35C: This robot vacuum cleaner focuses on vacuuming with decent suction and basic navigation. While it lacks mopping capabilities, it offers Wi-Fi connectivity and smart control via the EufyHome app or voice assistants.
Price: ₹11,499* | Available on Amazon