If you are tired of seeing New York Times ads every time you open a new tab on your browser, you are not alone. Many internet users have experienced same about the intrusive and annoying ads that pop up on their screens, especially after visiting the NYTimes.com website.
The ads are part of the New York Times’ paywall strategy, which limits the number of free articles that non-subscribers can read per month. The ads are meant to entice readers to subscribe to the newspaper, but they can also interfere with the user experience and slow down the browser performance.
Luckily, there are some ways to get rid of the New York Times ads on your new tab page, depending on the browser and the ad blocker you are using. Here are some possible solutions:
2. If you are using Adblock Plus, AdBlock, uBlock, Disconnect, or Ghostery, you can try to whitelist NYTimes.com in your ad blocker settings. This will allow ads to load and display on The New York Times website, but also let you browse other sites without ads.
3. If you are using Microsoft Edge, you can try to turn off the ads in the new tab of Edge by following these steps.
- Click on the three dots icon in the top right corner of the browser window and select Settings.
- Click on New tab page in the left sidebar and then click on Custom under Page layout.
- Under Content, toggle off the switch for Show quick links.
- Refresh the new tab page and the ads should be gone.
4. If you are using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera, you can try to bypass the New York Times paywall and read NYTimes.com for free by following these steps.
- Open a New York Times article in your browser and wait for the paywall window to pop up.
- Go to your address bar and delete the numbers that come after the “gwh=” portion of the URL and press Enter.
- Alternatively, you can also open the article in Incognito Mode or Private Browsing mode or clear your browser cookies.
Learn More | Best Ad Blockers
- How Much Is a First Edition Charizard Pokémon Card Worth: Rarest Charizard Cards in the World
- How to Raid, Catch, and Use Heatran in Pokémon GO: A Complete Guide
- How to Catch Cresselia in Pokémon GO Raids: Best Tips and Strategies
- How to Make a Video Game for Free from Scratch: A Beginner’s Guide
- How to Use Spyglass in Nightingale: Players Share Hidden Tips and Tricks