Daily Current Affairs Quiz For UPSC 19 May 2020
Learn today current affairs quiz 19 May 2020, National to International current affairs questions and answers. Today GK Question
1) Who is Neelam Sanjiva Reddy?
a) First Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh
b) Sixth President of India, 1977 to 1982
c) Youngest Ever Indian President
d) Unanimously elected for Speaker of the 6th Lok Sabha and later was elected unopposed as President of India
e) All the above
Note: The President of India Ram Nath Kovind paid tribute to Neelam Sanjiva Reddy on his Birth Anniversary 19 May 2020
2) In terms of Coronavirus mortality rate per lakh population, India stands as
a) 0.2 deaths per lakh population
b) 0.4 deaths per lakh population
c) 0.8 deaths per lakh population
d) 1.2 deaths per lakh population
Note: In the world, 4.1 deaths per lakh population is recorded ( Data as of 19 May 2020)
3) Hardeep Puri, Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs announced Star Rating of Garbage Free Cities. Which are 6 cities certified as 5-Star for the assessment year 2019-2020?
a) Ambikapur, Rajkot, Hyderabad, Mysuru, Indore and Navi Mumbai
b) Warangal, Rajkot, Surat, Mysuru, Indore and Navi Mumbai
c) Ambikapur, Rajkot, Surat, Mysuru, Indore and Navi Mumbai
d) Ambikapur, Rajkot, Surat, Bangalore, Indore and Navi Mumbai
Note: 65 cities rated as 3-Star and 70 cities as 1-Star
4) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched a new mobile app developed by NTA to take mock tests for exams JEE Main, NEET is?
a) National Test JEE/ NEET
b) Test Abhyas JEE/ NEET
c) National Abhyas
d) National Test Abhyas
Note: Present Union Human Resource Development Minister: Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
5) India’s first 12000 HP Locomotive, manufactured by?
a) Madhepura Electric Loco Factory, Bihar
b) Diesel Locomotives Works, Varanasi
c) Diesel-Loco Modernization Works, Patiala
d) Golden Rock Railway Workshop, Tiruchirapalli
Note: India became 6th country in the world to join the elite club of producing high horsepower locomotive indigenously
6) World AIDS Vaccine Day is observed on?
a) May 18
b) May 19
c) May 20
d) May 21
7) World Hypertension Day is observed on?
a) May 17
b) May 18
c) May 19
d) May 20
8) World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is observed on?
a) May 17
b) May 18
c) May 19
d) May 20
9) International Day of Living Together in Peace is observed on?
a) May 16
b) May 17
c) May 18
d) May 19
10) Benjamin Netanyahu was sworn as Israel Prime Minister for the?
a) 3rd time
c) 5th time
d) 6th time
Note: Israel Capital: Jerusalem; Currency: New shekel; Present President of Israel: Reuven Rivlin
11) Which country developed iFeel-You bracelet for social distancing in the outbreak of COVID19 Pandemic?
12) Which company purchased/ brought 1.34% stake in Jio platforms for Rs 6,598.38 crores?
a) General Atlantic
b) Tata Limited
c) Generic Atlantic
d) None of the above
13) Recently Gujarat government mandates digital payment for home delivery in?
14) Who was recently appointed as an additional judge of the Karnataka High Court?
a) P. Varma Bhat
b) P. Swathi Bhat
c) P. Krishna Bhat
d) P. Ramkrisha Bhat
15) The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development, NABARD disbursed an amount of _____ to cooperative banks and RRBs for on-lending to farmers?
a) ₹20,500 crores
b) ₹10,500 crores
c) ₹2,500 crores
d) ₹1,500 crores
16) What is the headquarters of NABARD?
b) New Delhi
17) Recently ICC’s Cricket Committee recommended some of the prohibitions in risks posed by COVID19?
a) Use of saliva to shine the ball
b) Use of sweat to shine the ball
b) Use of chewing gums
d) All the above
18) What is the headquarters of ICC?
a) Melbourne, Australia
b) Mumbai, India
c) Dubai, UAE
d) New Delhi, India
Note: Present ICC chairman: Shashank Manohar; President: Zaheer Abbas
1) e 2) a 3) c 4) d 5) a 6) a 7) a 8) a 9) a 10) c 11) b 12) a 13) a 14) c 15) a 16) d 17) a 18) c
Link: Download Updated GK 2020
Download our App for Daily Current Affairs Quiz For UPSC 2020-21, Online Quiz
Android, iOS, Windows