Current Affairs Questions and Answers Online GK Quiz 20 May 2020
Learn the latest current affairs questions and answers and current affairs gk questions for all competitive exams UPSC, SSC, RRB’s, TSPSC, APPSC and more. Download Current Affairs Questions Answers Monthly ebook from Fdaytalk Books Store
Daily Current Affairs Quiz for UPSC May 20 2020
1) Union cabinet approved Scheme for the Unorganized Sector on All India basis with an outlay of Rs.10,000 crore is called as?
a) Scheme for Formalisation of Macro food processing Enterprises (FME)
b) Scheme for Formalisation of Micro food packing Enterprises (FME)
b) Scheme for Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (FME)
d) Scheme for Formalisation of Macro food packing Enterprises (FME)
Note: This expenditure will be shared by GOI and the States in the ratio of 60:40.
2) Union Cabinet approved the extension of welfare and old age income security for Senior Citizen scheme for up to 31st March 2023 is?
a) Pradhan Mantri Vaida Vandana Yojana (PMVVY)
b) Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY)
c) Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vridha Yojana (PMVVY)
d) Pradhan Mantri Vaida Vridha a Yojana (PMVVY)
3) Union Cabinet approved its ex-post facto approval for allocation of foodgrains to migrants/ stranded migrants at?
a) Free 5 kg per person per month (May and June 2020)
b) Free 10 kg per person per month (May and June 2020)
c) Free 15 kg per person per month (May and June 2020)
d) Free 20 kg per person per month (May and June 2020)
4) Allocation of foodgrains to the migrants/ stranded migrants is made under the scheme?
a) Nirbhar Package
b) Atma Nirbhar Bharat Package
c) Nirbhar Bharat Package
d) Atma Bharat Package
5) Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved its ex-post facto approval for waiver of interest of Rs 7.59 crore on Government loans of?
a) Hindustani Organic Chemicals Limited (HOCL)
b) Unilever Organic Chemicals Limited (UOCL)
c) Hindustan Organic Chemicals Limited (HOCL)
d) Hindustan Inorganic Chemicals Limited (HICL)
6) Union Cabinet approved a scheme of Blue Revolution, sustainable development of the fisheries sector in India with an investment of Rs 20050 crores is?
a) Pradhan Mantri Matsya Yojana
b) Pradhan Mantri Matsya Nirbha Yojana
c) Pradhan Mantri Sampada Yojana
d) Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
7) Scheme of the Blue Revolution to be implemented in all States/ Union Territories for the period?
a) 1 year, FY 2020-21 to FY 2021-22
b) 5 years, FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25
c) 10 years, FY 2020-21 to FY 2030-31
d) 15 years, FY 2020-21 to FY 34-25
8) Union Cabinet approved its ex-post facto approval for the Jammu & Kashmir (Adaptation of State Laws) Second Order, 2020 issued under section 96 of?
a) Jammu & Kashmir Delimitation Act, 2019
b) Jammu & Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2020
c) Jammu & Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019
d) Jammu & Kashmir Allocation Act, 2019
9) Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched IGNOU’s Online Programme/ Course through Facebook Live is?
a) MA (Hindi)
b) MA (History)
c) MA ( English)
d) MA (Telugu)
10) Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank released handbook/ handbooks prepared by CBSE were?
a) Cyber Security Handbook
b) Principal Handbook
c) 21st Century Skills Handbook
d) All the above
11) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy initiated for Complete Solarisation of?
a) Konark sun temple, Odisha
b) Konark town, Odisha
c) Konark sun temple and Konark town, Odisha
d) None of the above
12) SCTIMST, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute Medical Sciences and Technology developed a magnetic nanoparticle-based RNA extraction kit for use during testing for detection of COVID19 is known as?
a) RNA Chitra Magna
b) Agappe Chitra Magna
c) COVID19 Chitra Magna
d) Agappe Magna Nanoparticle
13) Recently India provided a support aid to UN agency working for Palestinian refugees is about?
a) $2 million dollars
b) $20 million dollars
c) $200 million dollars
d) $2000 million dollars
14) Nepal government released a new political map, which included India’s territories?
c) Sitamarhi SP
d) A and B
15) Alexander Dalrymple award 2019 by the United Kingdom Hydrographic Office (UKHO) won by?
a) Vice Admiral Pradeep Badhwar
b) Vice Admiral Vinay Badhwar
c) Vice Admiral Vinay Kumar
d) Vice Admiral Nilakanta Krishnan
Note: Received award in recognition of his outstanding contribution to Indian hydrography and across the wider Indian Ocean region
16) Recently Accenture acquired startup to deliver AI solutions to enterprises?
a) Byte Prophecy
b) Byte Pro Ltd
c) Byte Amsolutions
d) Byte Prosolutions
17) South Central Railway, SCR developed a robot to assist railway doctors is?
a) Railway-BOT (R-BOT)
b) RailSmart-BOT (R-BOT)
c) Rail-BOT (R-BOT)
d) Smart-BOT (S-BOT)
18) Recently Zoological Survey of India listed how many species as critically endangered?
a) 10 amphibians species as critically endangered and 15 as endangered
b) 10 amphibians species as critically endangered and 25 as endangered
c) 20 amphibians species as critically endangered and 30 as endangered
d) 20 amphibians species as critically endangered and 35 as endangered
19) Veteran Marathi playwright Ratnakar Matkari passed away at 81 years, received awards of?
a) Dadasaheb Phalke Award (1986)
b) Jyotsna Bhole Award from Akhil Bharatiya Natya Parishad (1978)
c) Deval Award from Akhil Bharatiya Natya Parishad (1985)
d) Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (2003–04)
e) All the above
20) Jammu and Kashmir promoting e-learning under the scheme of?
a) Samagra Shiksha programme
b) Sabaka Shiksha programme
c) e-Shiksha programme
d) Online Shiksha programme
21) Punjab Government promulgated the temporary release of the prisoners for beyond the maximum period of 16 weeks in a calendar year under?
a) Punjab Good Conduct Release Prisoners (Temporary Release) Amendment Ordinance, 2020
b) Punjab Good Conduct (Temporary Release) Amendment Ordinance, 2020
c) Punjab Good Conduct Prisoners (Temporary Release) Amendment Ordinance, 2020
d) Punjab Conduct Prisoners (Temporary Release) Amendment Ordinance, 2020
22) Which state recently presented Rs 5.12 lakh crores budget in the state assembly?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
23) Jaipur based company Club first, developed India’s first service robots are?
a) Sona 2.5 and Sona .5
b) Sona 3.5 and Sona 1.5
c) Sona 1.5 and Sona .5
d) Sona 1 and Sona 1.5
1) b 2) b 3) a 4) b 5) c 6) d 7) b 8) c 9) a 10) d 11) c 12) b 13) a 14) d 15) b 16) a 17) c 18) d 19) e 20) a 21) c 22) a 23) c
Link: Download Month Current Affairs April 2020
Link: Updated GK 2020 Download
Link: Daily NewsPapers Download
Download our mobile app for the latest Current Affairs Questions Answers, Daily Online Current Affairs Quiz
You must log in to post a comment.