German Student Visa Process for UG Courses | Graduation
Want to Study in Germany, German Student Visa: There is no age limit on the student visa to study in Germany. If you are planning undergraduate courses in Germany, you need to fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements. Let’s learn more details about the German Student Visa Process for UG Courses Undergraduates in Germany.
- Students should have a good academic aggregate (more than 90%) in the 12th Standard (CBSE or Regional Board). To avoid wait time for a visa interview, students can submit their application for a German National Visa directly at the service provider, VFS Global.
- To apply for UG courses in Germany, students must have either finished one year of bachelor’s study in India or taken the IIT JEE or Fa exam.
- For language proficiency tests, students must take IELTS or TOEFL to prove their efficiency in the language.
Types of German Student Visas Process for UG Courses
There are two types of visas, depending on the duration of a student’s stay.
- Schengen Visa: It is for studies that have a duration of no more than 90 days (a short stay) in any 180-day period.
- German national visa: For more than 3 months duration.
What are the checklist and documents required for a student for applying for a visa:
- Valid passport
- Travel health insurance for at least €30,000 with a validity period of approx. 3 months
- Proof of admittance to the study course from a German university or college
- Resume/ Curriculum Vitae, and Motivation Letter
- Proof of the language skills: German language proficiency certificate, IELTS (5.5-6.0 band), and TOFEL 500 score
- proof of financial resources to cover the costs of your studies by opening a blocked bank account.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank and Capital India Finance Ltd. offer blocked accounts in India.
- The student needs to deposit €10,332 money in a blocked bank account. You cannot withdraw more than €934 per month from a blocked account. (applicable as of January 1, 2023).
- Book a visa interview appointment online by paying a fee of €75.
Learn More: Top 10 Forbes US Universities
What are the best options available for students after 12th Class in Germany?
What Undergraduate Courses Can I Take in Germany?
- Business Management
- Fine Arts and Applied Sciences
- Math and Computer Sciences
Some of the Top Universities to Pursue Undergraduate Courses in Germany
- Technical University of Munich
- Humboldt University of Berlin
- The Technical University of Berlin
- RWTH Aachen University
- Free University of Berlin
- University of Bayreuth
- University of Stuttgart