Day Wise Current Affairs GK Questions 23 May 2020
Learn the latest current affairs questions and answers for PSC exams and current affairs gk questions for all competitive exams UPSC, SSC, RRB’s, TSPSC, APPSC and more. Download current affairs online test Questions Answers Monthly ebook from Fdaytalk Books Store
Daily current affairs online test for UPSC May 23 2020
1) Recently Narendra Modi had conversation with Prime Minister of Mauritius via telephone, both leaders discussed Cyclone Amphan effects and COVID-19 pandemic. Who is the Present Prime Minister of Mauritius?
a) Pravind Jugnauth
b) Prithvirajsing Roopun
c) Anerood Jugnauth
d) Navin Ramgoolam
2) Facts about Mauritius
a) Official Name: Republic of Mauritius
b) Capital: Port Louis
c) Government: Unitary parliamentary republic
d) Legislature: National Assembly
e) President: Prithvirajsing Roopun
e) Mauritius is an island nation in the Indian Ocean
3) Recently Narendra Modi had conversation with President of Sri Lanka via telephone, both leaders discussed COVID-19 pandemic. Who is the Present President of Sri Lanka?
a) Gotabaya Rajapaksa
b) Mahinda Rajapaksa
c) Karu Jayasuriya
d) Jayantha Jayasuriya
4) Facts about Sri Lanka
a) official Name: Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
b) Legislative Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
c) Executive and Judicial Capital: Colombo
d) Government: Unitary semi-presidential constitutional republic
e) Legislature: Parliament
f) President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
g) Prime Minister: Mahinda Rajapaksa
5) Recently India launched a mission, an initiative to assist Island nations in the Indian Ocean in outbreak of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic?
a) Mission Kalyan
b) Mission Sagar Kalyan
c) Mission Sagar help
d) Mission Sagar
6) World Turtle Day is observed on?
a) May 20
b) May 21
c) May 22
d) May 23
7) Hunar Haat, Empowerment Exchange of artisans and craftsmen from across India will restart from Sep 2020 with the theme?
a) Global to Local
b) Local to International
c) Local to Global
d) International to Local
8) Who is newly appointed Chairman of Jammu Kashmir Public Service Commission?
a) Rakesh Sharma
b) B Rjaesh Sharma
c) B Raju Sharma
d) B R Sharma
9) Indian Council of Medical Research, ICMR likely to replace Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to which of the following drug in the revised protocol to improve immunity and for reduce viral replication for COVID19?
a) Anti HIV drugs
b) Anti TB drugs
c) Anti Malaria drugs
d) None of the above
10) Recently Dr Sanjay Kumar, Director of Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (IHBT) said as chemicals in ______________ could be effective in boosting immunity and can block coronavirus activity better than anti-HIV drugs?
a) Kangra tea
b) Assam tea
d) Himalayan tea
11) Recently Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched a new programme to support the MSME sector in the State with ₹ 1,100 crores is?
12) Recently United Nations Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth has listed Imphal based NGO into top 10 global initiatives to fight against the COVID19 pandemic, it is?
a) Manipur’s khudol
b) Manipur’s Corona Help
c) Manipur’s Gift
d) Manipur’s Covid Help
13) RBI extended loan moratorium by 3 months which is upto?
a) May 31, 2020
b) June 31, 2020
c) July 31, 2020
d) August 31, 2020
14) Which Australian tennis player recently passed away at age of 83 years, who won 8 Grand Slam titles?
a) Martin Cooper
b) Ashley Micheal
c) Ashley Cooper
d) Ashley Ziper
15) Narendra Modi announced rehabilitation package for West Bengal and Odisha for the devastation caused by cyclone Amphan is about?
a) ₹4000 crores to West Bengal and ₹2500 crores to Odisha
b) ₹3000 crores to West Bengal and ₹1500 crores to Odisha
c) ₹2000 crores to West Bengal and ₹1000 crores to Odisha
d) ₹1000 crores to West Bengal and ₹500 crores to Odisha
1) a 3) a 5) d 6) d 7) c 8) d 9) a 10) a 11) a 12) a 13) d 14) c 15) d
Link: Updated GK 2020 Download
Download our mobile app for the latest Current Affairs Questions Answers, Daily Online current affairs online test for PSC Exams