Current Affairs 11 April 2020
Fdaytalk Daily Current affairs for all competitive exams, Onliner Current Affairs April 2020 download available in fdaytalk ebooks, Google Play store and Amazon Free Kindle. Day wise current affairs updates
Day Wise Current Affairs 11 April 2020
♦ An international webinar 10th April 2020 on World Homoeopathy Day, commemorating the 265th birth anniversary of Dr Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of Homoeopathy was organised by the Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) under the Ministry of AYUSH, Inaugurated by AYUSH Minister Shripad Naik and approved Telemedicine guidelines for Homoeopathic Practitioners
♦ The Ministry of Corporate Affairs clarified on the eligibility of CSR expenditure related to COVID-19 activities
- CSR means Corporate social responsibility expenditure to be incurred mandatorily under the Companies Act, 2013
- The contribution made to ‘PM CARES Fund’, State Disaster Management Authority and COVID-19 related activities to qualify as CSR expenditure
- The contribution made to Chief Minister’s Relief Fund or State Relief Fund for COVID-19 and payment of salary/ wages to employees and workers, contract labour during the lockdown period does not qualify as CSR expenditure
♦ Small Arms Factory, Kanpur and the Heavy Vehicle Factory, Avadi granted accreditation by the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) for conducting the ‘Test for Blood Penetration Resistance’ for manufacturing of coveralls in the fight against COVID-19
♦ Researchers National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Guwahati (NIPER-G) designed 3D-printed hands-free object and 3D-printed antimicrobial face-shield to fight against the pandemic outbreak of COVID-19
♦ SCTIMST Institution got approval for innovative treatment to patients suffering from COVID-19 disease i.e., convalescent-plasma therapy which is the treatment aims at using the immune power gained by a recovered person to treat a sick person.
♦ Seagull BioSolutions, a startup funded by the Department of Science and Technology for development of Active Virosome (AV)-Vaccine and Immunodiagnostic ELISA kits for COVID-19 emergency
- Active Virosome (AV)-Vaccine is used for the production of vaccines and immunotherapeutic agents
♦ Violators of quarantine were charged against IPC Sections 188 (for disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 269 (negligent act likely to spread infection of disease dangerous to life)
- Punishment for IPC Sections 188: Imprisonment for 6 Month or Fine or Both
- Punishment for IPC Sections 269: Imprisonment for 6 Months or Fine or Both
♦ Shanti Hiranand vocalist, classical musician and writer, known for her proficiency as a ghazal singer and author of the book Begum Akhtar: The Story of My Ammi passed away due to prolonged illness at the age of 86 years.
- Shanti Hiranand received Padma Shri award in 2007 for her contributions to Hindustani music
♦ Delhi announced 5T plan to tackle the spread of Corona Virus which includes Testing, Tracing, Teamwork, Treatment and Tracking
♦ Taiwan government banned the use of Zoom for communication due to security concerns, making it the 1st country to announce a ban on this app.
♦ Anil Rawal appointed as new Chief Executive Officer of IntelliSmart Infrastructure
♦ L&T signed a contract with the Indian Army for setting up a cloud-based system to operate the Armed Forces network under the Network of Spectrum.
♦ Madhya Pradesh announced a ₹50 lakh insurance cover for all those engaged in the treatment of COVID19 infected persons
Link: Updated GK 2020 download