Samsung has quietly launched the Snapdragon 888 powered variant of its Galaxy S21 FE smartphone in India. This move marks a significant upgrade for Indian consumers, who were previously limited to the Exynos 2100-powered model. The new Snapdragon Galaxy S21 FE is now available across retail stores in India, with online availability starting 11th July.
It is priced at Rs. 49,999, the Snapdragon Galaxy S21 FE costs more than the Exynos variant, which was priced at Rs. 37,999. However, the price is justified by the device’s enhanced performance and superior specifications.
The Galaxy S21 FE (Snapdragon variant) is equipped with a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC, paired with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. It has 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED 2x display, boasting a smooth 120 Hz refresh rate. The smartphone comes with triple rear camera system, includes a 12MP main camera, a 12MP ultra-wide camera, and an 8MP telephoto camera.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE features a 4500mAh battery with support for 25W wired fast charging and 15W wireless fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G Snapdragon 888 Specifications
- Display: 6.4-inch AMOLED
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz
- Display Protection: Gorilla Glass Victus
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 (5 nm)
- RAM: 6GB/ 8GB
- Storage: 128GB/ 256GB (no card slot)
- Rear Camera: 12MP wide + 8MP telephoto + 12MP ultrawide
- Front Camera: 32MP selfie camera
- Operating System:
- Android 12 (upgradable to Android 13)
- One UI 5.1
- Features: Fingerprint sensor (under display), Stereo speakers, IP68 dust/water resistance, Samsung Pay, Samsung DeX
- Capacity: 4500 mAh
- Charging: 25W wired charging, 15W wireless charging, reverse wireless charging
While the Snapdragon 888 powered Galaxy S21 FE 5G has generated excitement among Samsung enthusiasts, for the upcoming Galaxy S23 FE, scheduled to launch in the fourth quarter. The Galaxy S23 FE 5G is expected to be powered by the Exynos 2200 SoC, featuring AMD’s Xclipse 920 GPU, promising even greater performance and graphical capabilities.