UPI registration with Aadhar: Google Pay has joined hands with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to enable UPI registration using Aadhaar-based authentication. This means that users can now set up their UPI PIN without needing a debit card.
To activate UPI using Aadhaar, users must ensure that their phone number is registered with UIDAI and their bank, and their bank account is linked with Aadhaar. They also need to enter the first six digits of their Aadhaar number and input OTPs from UIDAI and their bank to complete the process.
The best part is that Google Pay now supports RuPay credit cards on UPI. Currently, Google Pay has listed eight (8) banks, including Axis, Bank of Baroda, Canara, HDFC, Indian Bank, Kotak, Punjab National Bank, and Union Bank.
RuPay Credit cards UPI Registration with Aadhar
Users can add their RuPay credit card to Google Pay by following these steps:
1. Open the Google Pay app.
2. Tap on your profile picture.
3. Select “setup up payment method”
4. Choose “RuPay credit card”
5. Select your credit card bank- Fetches your card details
6. Enter your card number, expiry date, and CVV.
7. Tap on “Save.”
8. You will be prompted to set a UPI PIN.
9. Enter your UPI PIN and tap on “Confirm.”
10. Your RuPay credit card will be activated for UPI payments.
Once your RuPay credit card is activated, you can use it to make payments to merchants with UPI payments. This feature is currently available on supported banks, and expected to add more banks soon.