Daily Current Affairs 6 April 2021 | Online National and International Events
Learn Fdaytalk Current Affairs Online 6 April 2021 daily updates for UPSC, SSC, Groups Examination TSPSC, APPSC, TPSC and more. Download our current affairs daily day-wise, monthly, quarterly and last 6 months current affairs for all competitive exams. Complete Day Wise National and International Current Affairs/ Events Analysis, Quick memorize fdaytalk Online Current Affairs 6 April 2021
Day Wise Current Affairs 06-04-2021
1) Prime Minister Narender Modi lauded the completion of the Arch closure of the Chenab Bridge, the World’s Highest Railway Bridge in Jammu & Kashmir by Indian Railways
- Chenab Bridge connects Kashmir valley to the rest of India, it’s about 1315 meters long
- Chenab Bridge stands as the highest railways bridge in the world of 359 metres above the river bd level
- Bridge designed to withstand wind speed of 266 kmph, used most sophisticated “Tekla” software for structural detailing of the arch
- Bridge designed to bear earthquake forces of high-intensity Zone-V
- Bridge blast-resistant designed in consultation with DRDO
2) Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tributes to Babu Jagjivan Ram on his Jayanti, some of the facts
- Jagjivan Ram popularly known as Babuji born on 5 April 1908 at Chandwa near Arrah in Bihar, he was an Indian independence activist and politician from Bihar
- He founded All India Depressed Classes League, an organisation dedicated to attaining equality for untouchables in 1935
- Jagjivan Ram was the youngest minister in Jawaharlal Nehru’s interim government, the first cabinet of India as a Labour Minister and also a member of the Constituent Assembly of India
- He served as Union Minister of Labour from 1946 to 1952
- In 1981, he formed a Political party Congress Jagjivan
- Jagjivan Ram’s daughter Meira Kumar, was a 5-time Member of Parliament and became the first woman Speaker of Lok Sabha in 2009
3) Spices Board India and UNDP India’s Accelerator Lab signed MoU, with the aim to build a blockchain-based traceability interface for Indian spices to enhance transparency in the supply chain and trade.
- UNDP and Spices Board India working towards integrating the Blockchain Traceability Interface with the e-Spice Bazaar portal developed by Spices Board India for connecting spices farmers with markets.
- The project piloted with over 3,000 farmers engaged in chilli and turmeric farming in select districts of Andhra Pradesh
4) Facts about Spices Board
- Its one of the 5 Commodity Boards functioning under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Spices Board is an autonomous body responsible for the export promotion of the 52 scheduled spices and development of Cardamom (Small and Large)
- The main function of Board is (i) Research, Development and Regulation of domestic marketing of Small and Large Cardamom
- (ii) Post-harvest improvement, Export promotion, Development of spices in the North East and Regulation of quality of spices for exports through its quality evaluation services
- Present Chairman and Secretary Spices Board India: D Sathiyan
5) Indian Navy to participate in 3-day multi-lateral maritime exercise La Pérouse, conducted in the Eastern Indian Ocean Region from 05 to 07 Apr 2021.
- Indian Navy Ships INS Satpura and INS Kiltan along with P8I Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft were participating for the first time
- Multi-lateral maritime La Pérouse, led by the French Navy, participating with FN Ships Tonnerre and frigate Surcouf.
6) DRDO developed an Advanced Chaff Technology to safeguard the naval ships against enemy missile attack.
- Defence Laboratory Jodhpur (DLJ), DRDO laboratory indigenously developed 3 variants of this critical technology, i.e., Short Range Chaff Rocket (SRCR), Medium-Range Chaff Rocket (MRCR) and Long Range Chaff Rocket (LRCR) meeting Indian Navy’s requirements.
- Its another step towards Atmanirbhar Bharat by developing successful Advanced Chaff Technology
7) Minister of State for Education, Sanjay Dhotre to attend consultation meeting of Education Ministers of E9 countries on E9 initiative
- E9 countries were Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Nigeria and Pakistan, its spearheaded by the United Nations
- E9 initiative aims to accelerate recovery and advance the Sustainable Development Goal 4 agenda by driving rapid change in education systems in 3 of the 2020 Global Education Meeting priorities: (i) support to teachers; (ii) investment in skills; and (iii) narrowing of the digital divide
8) Prime Minister Narendra Modi to interact with students, teachers and parents in the 4th edition of Pariksha Pe Charchais, held for the first time in virtual mode due to the COVID-19
- The event is organized 4th consecutive year by the Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education.
- Earlier, an online creative writing competition was conducted from 17th February to 14th March 2021 for children studying in classes of 9 to 12, teachers and parents
9) Union Minister of Health, Harsh Vardhan launched the Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP) virtually, this Platform is the next generation highly refined version of the presently used Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP)
- The new version of IHIP will house the data entry and management for India’s disease surveillance program.
- Tracking of diseases enhanced to 33 compared to the earlier 18 diseases, it shall ensure near-real-time data in digital mode
- Minister Harsh Vardhan stated as this is the world’s biggest online disease surveillance platform, it’s in sync with the National Digital Health Mission
10) Sharad K. Pradhan, Associate Professor in NITTTR, Bhopal developed a Multifunctional Railway Track Scavenging Vehicle with support from the Advanced Manufacturing Technologies programme of the Department of Science & Technology (DST) aligned with the ‘Make in India’ initiative
- It’s a self-propelled Road cum Rail vehicle equipped with dry and wet suction systems, air and water spraying nozzles, a control system, and a road cum rail attachment that is multifunctional and easy to operate.
- The national patent is published for this technology
- NITTTR: National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research
11) Farmer from Kota, Rajasthan Shrikishan Suman developed an innovative mango variety which is a regular and round-the-year dwarf variety of mango called Sadabahar
- Sadabahar is resistant to most major diseases and common mango disorders, suitable for kitchen gardening, high-density plantation, and can be grown in pots
- Shrikishan Suman was conferred the NIF’s 9th National Grassroots Innovation and Traditional Knowledge Award for his innovative mango variety
12) 58th National Maritime Day
- Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways celebrated 58th National Maritime Day in commemoration of the maiden voyage of the first Indian flag merchant vessel ‘S.S.LOYALTY’ from Mumbai to London, on the 5th April 1919.
- The merchant vessel ship owned by M/s. Scindia Steam Navigation Company
- The theme of National Maritime Day is ‘Sustainable Shipping beyond COVID-19’
13) Chintan Vaishnav appointed as the new Mission Director for Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), a flagship initiative of the Government of India under the auspices of NITI Aayog.
- Chintan Vaishnav took over the charge from Ramanathan Ramanan, who is the first Mission Director since June 2017
14) Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh resigned after the Bombay High Court directed the CBI to conduct a preliminary investigation into allegations of extortion levelled against him by former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh
- Dilip Walse Patil was given charge of the Home portfolio, who is presently handling Excise and Labour departments
- Present Chief Minister Maharashtra: Uddhav Thackeray
- Present Governor Maharashtra: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
15) The Electrochemical Energy Storage Lab at IIT Hyderabad developed a 5V Dual Carbon Battery utilising selfstanding carbon fibre mats as both electrodes i. e., cathode and anode
- Its an alternative to lithium-ion batteries, this new model sets aside the requirement of toxic, costly and heavy transitional metals.
16) Central Government appealed Supreme Court to accept on record the inquiry report submitted by a 3-member committee chaired by former Supreme Court judge, Justice D.K. Jain to take suitable action against the “erring officials” responsible for the frameup case on Nambi Narayanan in 1994
- Nambi Narayanan, a former Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scientist, accused him of passing documents of Viking/Vikas engine technology, cryogenic engine technology and PSLV fight data to Pakistan
- Supreme Court dismissed the case on Nambi Narayanan in 2018
17) Supreme Court of India appointed Arun Bhardwaj and Sanjay Bansal as Special Judges to preside over 2 separate courts and continue trials in 41 pending cases in connection with the coal block allocation scam
18) Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law allowing him to hold onto power until 2036
- The July 1st constitutional vote included a provision to reset Vladimir Putin previous term limits, allowing him to run for President 2 more times
- Vladimir Putin has been in power for more than 2 decades longer than any other Kremlin leader since Soviet dictator Josef Stalin
19) Nguyen Xuan Phuc swore as new President of Vietnam
- Nguyen Xuan Phuc elected by the National Assembly of Vietnam on 5 April 2021, earlier he served as Prime Minister of Vietnam for 5 years
- Vietnam is officially known as the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, a country in Southeast Asia. Vietnam is the 16th most populous country in the world.
- Vietnam shares borders with China, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia
- Vietnam capital city is Hanoi
- Present President: Nguyễn Xuân Phúc
- Present Prime Minister: Phạm Minh Chính
20) Poland’s Hubert Hurkacz defeated Italian Jannik Sinner to won Miami Open (Men’s) 2021, It’s his first ATP Masters title
- Australia’s Ashleigh Barty won Miami Open (Women’s) 2021 after Bianca Andreescu retired because of a foot injury
♦ P. Balachandran, screenwriter and filmmaker passed away at the age of 69 years at his residence at Vaikom, Kerala
- He won Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award and Kerala Professional Nataka Award in 1989 for his play Paavam Usman
- In 2012, he debuted as director for the film Ivan Megharoopan.
Learn More Online Current Affairs 6th April 2021
Link: Day Wise Current Affairs