Day Wise Current Affairs 31 May 2020
Learn today important current affairs questions and answers for PSC exams and current affairs in the world today for all competitive exams UPSC, SSC, RRB’s, TSPSC, APPSC, and more. Download current affairs May 2020 ebook, online study point current affairs tests ebooks from Fdaytalk Books Store
Today important current affairs quiz for UPSC May 31, 2020
1) Ministry of AYUSH and Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) jointly organizing Video Blogging Contest on the social media on the transformative impact of Yoga. It is called?
a) Live – Yoga
b) My Yoga – My Life
c) My Life – My Yoga
d) All Day – My Yoga
Note: It is also known as Jeevan Yoga
2) Who is the new Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman and Nicobar Command, CINCAN?
a) Lieutenant General Mahesh Pande
b) Lieutenant General Vinod Pande
c) Lieutenant General Manoj Pande
d) Lieutenant General Vikram Pande
Note: He took charge as the15th Commander-in-Chief of the CINCAN on 01 Jun 2020
3) India real GDP growth rate for the fourth quarter of FY 2020, according to the National Statistical Office report?
4) Who estimates the National income in India?
a) Central statistical organisation
c) Indian Statistical Institute
d) World Bank
5) Which state launched the ‘Rozgar Setu’ scheme for the employment of skilled workers who have returned from other states?
d) Madhya Pradesh
6) Who said Locust surge may turn into a global plague end of the year if it spreads to West Africa and the insects begin breeding, Senior locust forecasting officer Keith Cressman of?
a) Food and Agriculture Organisation, FAO
b) World Bank
7) What is the headquarter of the Food and Agriculture Organisation, FAO?
a) Rome, Italy
b) New York City, USA
c) Yokohama, Japan
d) Budapest, Hungary
Note: Present Director-General FAO: Qu Dongyu
8) Who was the newly appointed Additional Secretary and Joint Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office, PMO respectively?
a) S. Gopalakrishnan and C. Sridhar
b) Anil Kumar Gupta and Tarun Bajaj
c) Arvind Kumar Sharm and C. Sridhar
d) S. Gopalakrishnan and Rajeev Topno
Note: Present Principal Secretary, PMO: PK Misra
9) Who is appointed as an independent director for 5yrs by the board of directors of IndiGo, InterGlobe Aviation Ltd?
a) Arvind Sumantran
b) Kumar Sumantran
b) Venkataramani Sharma
d) Venkataramani Sumantran
10) Who is the newly appointed CEO and MD of Wipro Limited?
a) Thierry Delaporte
b) Mohamed Premji
c) Rishad Premji
d) Anand Premji
Note: He served as a chief operating officer, COO of Capgemini
11) Which Indian state announced to develop 800 Km roads as Herbal belt with medicinal and herbal trees along both sides of the road?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Andhra Pradesh
12) Indian Olympic Association, IOA president Narinder Batra nominated joint secretary Rakesh Gupta as the official minute’s recorder for?
a) IOA Executive Committee Meetings
b) IOA Annual General Meetings
c) IOA Special General Body meetings
d) All the above
13) Indian actor Salman Khan launched his own grooming and personal care brand?
14) Uganda President Yoweri Museveni inaugurated military war game centre built with the help of the Indian army for Uganda Peoples Defence Forces, UPDF is named as?
b) UPDF CAMP
c) INDIA UPDF
d) WAR ROOM
15) Foodtech Zomato promoted its CEO, Mohit Gupta to the position of?
c) MD and CEO
1) c 2) c 3) c 4) a 5) d 6) a 7) a 8) a 9) d 10) a 11) a 12) d 13) d 14) a 15) a
Download today’s latest news current affairs for UPSC current affairs quiz question and answers in our monthly current affairs May 2020 ebook edition. Fdaytalk, #1 Free Current GK News Website
Link: Updated GK 2020 Download
Download our mobile app, for month current affairs May 2020 for UPSC. Top 10 gk news today and current affairs questions MCQ PDF May 2020