Day General knowledge and Current Affairs Questions 26 May 2020
Learn the latest current affairs questions and answers for PSC exams and current affairs gk questions for all competitive exams UPSC, SSC, RRB’s, TSPSC, APPSC, and more. Download recent daily GK current affairs questions and current affairs MCQ online test Questions Answers Monthly ebook from Fdaytalk Books Store
Daily UPSC current affairs questions May 26, 2020
1) Prime Minister Modi conveyed Eid-ul-Fitr greetings to the government and people of Qatar, who is the Emir/ Amir of Qatar?
a) Khalid Bin Khalifa
b) Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al-Thani
c) Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani
d) Abdullah bin Hamad Al Thani
2) Facts about Qatar?
a) Capital: Doha
b) Government: Unitary absolute monarchy
c) Prime Minister: Khalid Bin Khalifa
d) Legislature: Consultative Assembly
3) Prime Minister Modi conveyed Eid-ul-Fitr greetings to the government and people of Egypt, who is the present President of Egypt?
a) Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi
b) Moustafa Madbouly
c) Ali Abdel Aal
d) Adly Mansour
4) Facts about Egypt?
a) Official Name: Arab Republic of Egypt
b) Capital: Cairo
c) Currency: Egyptian pound
d) Government: Unitary semi-presidential republic
e) Prime Minister: Moustafa Madbouly
f) Legislature: House of Representatives
5) Prime Minister Modi had a conversation with President of Austria via telephone, discussed Cyclone Amphan and economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Who is the president President of Austria?
a) Werner Kogler
b) Sebastian Kurz
c) Clemens Jablonec
d) Alexander Van der Bellen
6) Facts about Austria
a) Official Name: Republic of Austria
b) Capital: Vienna
c) Currency: Euro
d) Government: Federal parliamentary republic
e) President: Alexander Van der Bellen
f) Chancellor: Sebastian Kurz
g) Legislature: Parliament
h) Austria is a landlocked country in the southern part of Central Europe
7) Home Minister Rajnath Singh had a conversation with Australian Defence Minister via telephone, discussed bilateral defence and security cooperation under India-Australia Strategic Partnership and post COVID-19 challenges. Who is the present Australian Defence Minister?
a) Steven Ciobo
b) Melissa Price
c) Linda Reynolds
d) Scott Morrison
8) Facts about Australia
a) Official Name: Commonwealth of Australia
b) Australia is the largest country in Oceania and the world’s 6th largest country by total area
c) Capital: Canberra
d) Government: Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy
e) Monarch: Elizabeth II
f) Governor-General: David Hurley
g) Prime Minister: Scott Morrison
h) Legislature: Parliament
i) Currency: Australian dollar
9) Aarogya Setu mobile App launched by the government in the out the outbreak of COVID19 Pandmiic is now made an open-source. Aarogya Setu App available in?
a) 21 languages in Android and iOS platform
b) 22 languages in Android, iOS and KaiOS platform
c) 12 languages in Android, iOS and KaiOS platform
d) 11 languages in Android and iOS platform
10) Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh called on Union Minister Jitendra Singh to discussed COVID19 situations and development activities. Who is the Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh?
a) Radha Krishna Mathur
b) Satya Pal Malik
c) Girish Chandra Murmu
d) Ajay Narayan Jha
11) Union Minister for Road Transport Highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated Tunnel under Chardham Pariyojana through video conference is?
a) 440 m Chamba Tunnel on Rishikesh-Dharasu road Highway, NH 94
b) 1440 m Chamba Tunnel on Rishikesh-Dharasu road Highway, NH 96
c) 6500 m Chamba Tunnel on Rishikesh-Dharasu road Highway, NH 97
d) 440 m Chamba Tunnel on Rishikesh-Dharasu road Highway, NH 98
12) Which Scientists found spectrin, flexible rod-shaped molecules present in axons, act as ‘shock absorbers’ to protect axons from stretch-induced damage?
a) Scientists from MIT, CSIR and Paris Diderot University
b) Scientists from CSRI and Paris Diderot University
c) Scientists from RRI, IISER Pune and Paris Diderot University
d) Scientists from Paris Diderot University
Note: RRI- Raman Research Institute; IISER- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research; MIT- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
13) Institute of Nano Science and Technology, INST scientists found a route to fabricate precisely controlled nanostructures of desired geometry and location?
a) 2D materials
c) 3D materials
c) 4D materials
d) 5D materials
14) Department of Science and Technology, Government of Rajasthan with Trifed, Ministry of Tribal Affairs organized a webinar under Know Your Scheme Lecture Series on?
a) Van Dhan Yojana: Learning After Covid-19
b) Van Dhan Yojana: Learning For Post Covid-19
c) Van Dhan Yojana: e-Learning Covid-19
d) Van Dhan Yojana: e-Learning After Covid-19
15) Recently Nepal’s Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister condemned comments of Indian Army chief over on the Kalapani dispute, Kalapani trijunction of India-Nepal-China area which claimed by Nepal and depicts the area in its map. Where is the Kalapani?
a) Kalapani, 1072-sq km area, Uttarakhand
b) Kalapani, 20372-sq km area, Uttarakhand
c) Kalapani, 4372-sq km area, Uttarakhand
d) Kalapani, 372-sq km area, Uttarakhand
Note: Nepal’s Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister: Ishwor Pokharel; India Army Chief: General Manoj Mukund Naravane
16) Which river runs through the Kalapani area which was the boundary between India and Nepal?
17) Which treaty was signed between British India and Nepal over the boundary between the two countries in 1816?
a) Sugauli treaty
b) Mahakali treaty
c) Indo Nepal Dispute treaty
d) Samdhan treaty
18) Who is the 3-time Olympic champion and greatest ever hockey players recently passed away at 95 years?
a) Valbir Singh Dosanjh
b) Balbir Singh Pande
c) Dalbir Singh Pande
d) Balbir Singh Dosanjh
19) Balbir Singh Dosanjh won 3-time Olympic gold medal for India in Olympics?
a) London Olympics (1954), Helsinki Olympics (1956) and Melbourne Olympics (1964)
b) London Olympics (1949), Helsinki Olympics (1976) and Melbourne Olympics (1978)
c) London Olympics (1948), Helsinki Olympics (1952) and Melbourne Olympics (1956)
d) London Olympics (1956), Helsinki Olympics (1986) and Melbourne Olympics (1999)
20) Who was the first sportsperson to be honoured with the Padma Shri award?
a) Sachin Tendulkar,1978
b) Balbir Singh Dosanjh, 1957
c) Dhyan Chand, 1957
d) Milka Singh, 1957
21) Recently in Velankanni, Tamil Nadu a new species of small freshwater silver-hued fish was found, it was named as?
a) Puntius Sanctus
b) Puntius Star
c) Star Sanctus
d) None of the above
22) Facts about Nepal?
a) Official Name: Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
b) Nepal is a landlocked country, bounded with China, India, Bangladesh and Bhutan
c) Capital: Kathmandu
d) Government: Federal parliamentary republic
e) Legislature: Federal Parliament
f) President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
g) Prime Minister: Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli
h) Currency: Nepalese Rupee
Note: Founder of Buddhism Gautama Buddha was born in Lumbini, southern Nepal
1) b 3) a 5) d 7) c 9) c 10) a 11) a 12) c 13) a 14) b 15) d 16) c 17) a 18) d 19) c 20) b 21) a
Download today’s current affairs question answers in Fdaytalk Monthly Current Affairs Edition, May 2020 from fdaytalk book store
Link: Updated GK 2020 Download
Download our mobile app for the current gk questions with answers, Daily Online General knowledge current affairs online test for PSC Exams