POCO launched the latest C series budget smartphone, POCO C51 in India on April 7, 2023. Let’s jump into its full specifications, pros and cons:
POCO C51 Specs
Display: 6.52 inches IPS LCD
Camera: Rear ( 8MP+0.08 MP) | Front 5MP
Processor: Mediatek Helio G36
Battery: 5000 mAh (10W)
- It comes with a 6.52-inch HD+ IPS LCD screen with an 81.0% screen-to-body ratio and a resolution of 1600×720 pixels. The device offers a typical brightness of 400 nits with 269 ppi density.
- POCO C51 is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio G36 chipset with PowerVR GE8320 and 7GB* of Turbo RAM with 32GB of internal storage with a dedicated microSDXC slot; expandable up to 1TB.
- It has a Dual rear camera setup with an 8MP wide main sensor and 0.08 MP depth sensor; 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture.
- It packs with 5000mAh battery with 10W fast charging support and comes with Android 13 Go Edition with MIUI
- For communication, the device offers Dual SIM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, a micro-USB port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Other features: POCO C51 comes with 4GB+3GB* virtual RAM, a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, FM radio, and eMMC 5.1 internal memory.
POCO C51 Pros and Cons:
– Affordable smartphone, priced at Rs. 8499 for the 4GB/64GB variant
– Large 5000 mAh battery capacity with fast charging support (10W wired)
– 3GB Virtual extendable RAM feature that allows the phone better performance
– Comes with the latest OS, Android 13 MIUI
– Low-resolution display (IPS LCD) with low pixel density and brightness of 400 nits.
– Average camera performance with 8MP main sensor + 0.08 MP depth sensor.
– Doesn’t comes with a USB Type-C port instead has an outdated micro-USB port.
– No NFC support
Reason to buy this phone:
If you are looking for a basic smartphone that can handle your daily tasks such as calling, messaging, browsing, and social media without any lagging, then the POCO C51 might be a good option for you. It offers decent performance, a long-lasting battery, and a clean stuck Android 13 software experience for a low price. However, if you want a better display, camera, or design, you might look for other alternatives in the market.
Is it the best budget smartphone now?
That depends on individual preferences and needs. The POCO C51 is certainly one of the cheapest budget smartphones available in India right now, but it also compromises on some features and quality. There are other budget smartphones that offer better specifications and value for money, such as the Realme C55, Redmi 10 (2022), or Vivo Y16.
Pricing and availability
The POCO C51 will be available for sale from April 10th at 12 noon on flipkart.com. Device available 4GB + 64GB variant and in two (2) colours, Power Black and Royal Blue and is priced at Rs.8499 (As launch offer flipkart offering Rs 700 Off on all Credit and Debit Card Transactions).