Day Wise Current Affairs and MCQ Questions 1 June 2021
Learn Fdaytalk current Affairs and MCQ Questions 1 June 2021 for all competitive exams, Hindu Paper explainer and Most important news of the day, Hindu newspaper current affairs MCQ for all UPSC and state exams. Complete day-wise download Current Affairs 1 June 2021
Day Wise Current Affairs and Events 1st June 2021
1) Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare launched the Horticulture Cluster Development Programme (CDP) virtually.
- In the pilot phase, CDP to implement in 12 horticulture clusters out of identified 53 horticulture clusters covering 11 States/UTs.
- Horticulture Cluster Development Programme aims at growing and developing horticulture clusters to make them globally competitive.
- Clusters will be implemented through Cluster Development Agencies which are appointed on the recommendations of the State/UT Government.
- Present Secretary of Agriculture Dept: Sanjay Agarwal
|CDP Pilot Phase|
|West Jaintia Hills||Turmeric||Meghalaya|
2) Vice Admiral Kiran Deshmukh took charge as the Controller Warship Production and Acquisition on 31 May 21.
- He was graduated from the University of Mumbai and commissioned as an Engineer Officer in the Indian Navy.
- Earlier he was appointed as Controller Warship Production & Acquisition, as Flag Officer, he has served as Director-General Naval Project at Visakhapatnam.
3) Rear Admiral IB Uthaiah, VSM took charge as the Admiral Superintendent, Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam on 31 May 21
- He was graduated in Marine Engineering and commissioned into the Indian Navy in Nov 1987
4) IIT Ropar developed a first-of-its-kind IoT device – AmbiTag that records real-time ambient temperature during the transportation of perishable products, vaccines and even body organs and blood.
- That recorded temperature further helps to know whether that particular item transported from anywhere in the world is still usable or perished because of temperature variation.
- This information is particularly critical for vaccines including the Covid-19 vaccine, organs and blood transportation.
- Technology Innovation Hub AWaDH (Agriculture and Water Technology Development Hub) to give away the AmbiTag device at production cost for COVID vaccine transportation.
5) World No Tobacco Day, Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health chaired an event to mark the and led the pledge by everyone present to abstain from Tobacco.
- The theme for World No Tobacco Day 2021: Commit to Quit
- WHO study report estimated use of tobacco in India as Rs. 1.77 lakh crores, amounting to approx 1% of GDP.
- WHO report titled as ” As per the WHO study titled “Economic Costs of Diseases and Deaths Attributable to Tobacco Use in India “Economic Costs of Diseases and Deaths Attributable to Tobacco Use in India”.
6) Scientists from Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru developed an efficient Artificial Synaptic Network that Mimics Human Brain.
- A prototyping kit has been developed to mimic Pavlov’s dog behaviour, demonstrating the device’s potential for neuromorphic artificial intelligence.
Day Wise Current Affairs MCQ Question 1 June 2021
1) What is India’s Gross Dometic Product (GDP) for the year 2020-21 is?
Answer: b) 7.3%
Note: India GDP shrank by 0.7% compared to the previous year ie., 2019-20 to 2020-21. GDP for 2019-20 is 8%.
3) Who prepares and releases India’s Gross Dometic Product (GDP) and National Income estimate reports?
a) Reserve Bank of India
b) Central Government
c) National Statistical Office
Answer: c) National Statistical Office
4) Who is newly appointed as Chief Adviser to West Bengal Chief Minister, Mamata Banerjee?
a) Alapan Bandyopadhyay
b) Naveen Prakash
c) Ojing Alapan
Answer: a) Alapan Bandyopadhyay
5) In News, Ojing Dameng ranked 644th in UPSC 2017 but CSMB, Central Standing Medical Board declared him unfit for IPS as he fell short height by 2.5cm. What is the minimum height required for male candidates for IPS?
Answer: c) 165
6) When civil services service conditions were framed?
Answer: b) 1951
6) When Arunachal Pradesh came into existence as Union Territory and attained statehood status respectively?
a) 1971 and 1986
b) 1972 and 1987
c) 1973 and 1988
Answer: b) 1972 and 1987
7) Which state assembly unanimously passed a resolution demanding for recall of the Lakshadweep Administrator?
Answer: c) Kerala
7) Who is the present Lakshadweep Administrator?
a) Admiral D K Joshi
b) Manoj Sinha
c) Praful Khoda Patel
Answer: c) Praful Khoda Patel
8) What is a rare bamboo species from Nagaland found in Idukki, Kerala as a courtesy of a conservation program of JNTBGRI, Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute?
a) Chimonobambusa Callosa
b) Chimonobambusa Vallosa
c) Chimonobambo Callosa
Answer: a) Chimonobambusa Callosa
9) Recently Karnakata High Court live-streamed proceedings on YouTude on a trial basis, which is the 1st state to do so?
a) Delhi High Court
b) Kerala High Court
c) Gujarat High Court
Answer: c) Gujarat High Court
Note: Karnakata High Court is the second court to use YouTude for live-streaming proceedings
10) Who is newly appointed as interim chief of Central Board of Direct Taxes, CBDT for 3 months?
a) J.B. Mohapatra
b) P.C. Mody
c) J.B. Mohan Rao
Answer: a) J.B. Mohapatra
11) Who won the gold medal in boxing men’s 91kg category in the Asian boxing championship 2021?
a) Amit Panghal
b) Shiva Thapa
Answer: c) Sanjeet
Note: He was the 2nd gold medal winner for India in the Asian boxing championship 2021. She won the gold medal in the 75kg final
12) Who won the USPGA tour (annual golf tournament) 2021?
a) Phil Mickelson
b) J. Spieth
c) Jason Kokrak
Answer: c) Jason Kokrak
13) When World No Tobacco Day is observed and its theme for World No Tobacco Day 2021 is?
a) May 31, Commit to Quit
b) May 30, Quit and Adot Good Health
c) June 31, Commit to Good Health
Answer: a) May 31, Commit to Quit
Link: Download GK 2021
Download Current Affairs 1 June 2021, Hindu paper Current Affairs 1 June 2021, Hindu Paper current affairs download