Day Wise Current Affairs 29 May 2020
Learn today important current affairs questions and answers for PSC exams and current affairs gk questions for all competitive exams UPSC, SSC, RRB’s, TSPSC, APPSC, and more. Download today current affairs quiz, online study point current affairs tests ebooks from Fdaytalk Books Store
Today important current affairs quiz for UPSC May 29, 2020
1) Home Minister Rajnath Singh had a telephonic conversation with US Secretary of Defence, discussed regarding COVID-19 pandemic and bilateral cooperation. How is the present US Secretary of Defence?
a) Mark Thomas Esper
b) Richard V. Spencer
c) Neil H. McElroy
d) Jim Mattis
Note: First US Secretary of Defence: James Forrestal
2) Recently India providing assistance to Friendly Foreign Countries in dealing with the COVID-19 Pandemic under the Mission Sagar. Which Navy ship carried a consignment of COVID related essential medicines for Madagascar?
a) INS Rana
b) INS Kesari
c) INS Ranvijay
d) INS Padma
3) Which is Indian Army officer being awarded the prestigious “United Nations Military Gender Advocate of the Year Award” on 29 May 2020?
a) Major Punita Arora
b) Major Suman Gawani
c) Major Priya Jhingan
d) MajorNivedita Choudhary
Note: She received the award along with a Brazilian Naval Officer Commander Carla Monteiro de Castro Araujo. She served as a women peacekeeper with the United Nations Mission in South Sudan, UNMISS in 2019
4) As part of National Solar Mission, recently 2 MW Solar Photovoltaic Plant was commissioned by Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain at?
a) INS Kesari, Visakhapatnam
b) INS Ranga, Visakhapatnam
c) INS Kamta, Visakhapatnam
d) INS Kalinga, Visakhapatnam
5) INS Kalinga, Visakhapatnam is an Indian Navy establishment reporting to the Eastern Naval Command initiated for afforestation, plantation drives, coastal cleanup drives and also protection of the Geo-Heritage site?
a) Volcanogenic bedded Barytes
b) Lonar Lake
c) Shivalik Fossil Park
d) Erra Matti Dibbalu
6) Recently foundation stone for a Missile Park was laid at INS Kalinga by Rajesh Debnath, Commanding Officer is known as?
a) Missile Park Agni Mitra
b) Missile Park Agni
c) Missile Park Agneeprastha
c) Missile Park Agni Prieta
7) Meeting of the Heads of Tax Authorities of the BRICS countries held on May 29, 2020, discussed the response of BRICS Tax Authorities to the COVID-19 pandemic. The meeting was hosted by?
a) Federal Tax Service of Russia
b) Income Tax Department of India
c) Republic taxation department of China
d) Federal Tax Service of Brazil
8) Facts about BRICS
a) BRICAS association of 5 major emerging economies country: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. Early it only BRIC, South Africa was inducted in 2010
b) BRICS countries represent about 41% of the world population
c) 1st summit held on 16 June 2009 in Russia hosted by Dmitry Medvedev
d) New Development Bank, NDB or BRICS Development Bank is a multilateral development bank which operated by BRICS states
9) Official Names of BRICS Countries?
a) Federal Democratic of Brazil, Russian Federation, Republic of India, People’s Republic of China and Republic of South Africa
b) Federal Republic of Brazil, Russian Federation, Democratic Republic of India, People’s Republic of China and Republic of South Africa
c) Federal Republic of Brazil, Russian Federation, Republic of India, People’s Republic of China and Republic of South Africa
d) Federal Republic of Brazil, Russian Federation, Republic of India, Fedeal Republic of China and Fedral Republic of South Africa
10) Ministry of Tourism conducted its 25th webinar under Dekho Apna Desh Series titled?
a) Southern India for the immersive traveller
b) North India for the immersive traveller
c) Northeast India for the immersive traveller
d) Western India for the immersive traveller
11) Who is the newly elected as Iran’s Parliament speaker?
a) Mohammad-Bagher Ghalibaf
b) Ali Khamenei
c) Hassan Rouhani
d) Ali Larijani
12) Facts about Iran
a) Official Name: Islamic Republic of Iran
b) Iran is the world’s 17th most populous country
c) Capital: Tehran
d) Government: Unitary Khomeinist presidential Islamic republic
e) Supreme Leader: Ali Khamenei
f) President: Hassan Rouhan
13) Who is the newly appointed as Pakistan Cricket Board’s Head of International Player Development?
a) Saqlain Mushtaq
b) Grant Bradburn
d) Mohammad Hasnain
1) a 2) b 3) b 4) d 5) d 6) c 7) a 9) c 10) c 11) a 13) a
♦ The first chief minister of the state of Chhattisgarh, Ajit Jogi passed away on 29 May 2020 due to heart attack. He served as a District Collector of Indore during 1981-85. He also formed Janta Congress Chhattisgarh political party after expelled from the Congress Party
Fdaytalk Study Notes
Download today’s important news for UPSC current affairs quiz question and answers in our monthly current affairs edition ebook. Fdaytalk, #1 Free Learning Website
Link: Updated GK 2020 Download
Download our free mobile app, for today important current affairs for UPSC. Top 10 current affairs and General knowledge and current affairs question and answers and test for PSC Exams