Day Wise Current Affairs MCQ Questions 23 May 2021
Learn Fdaytalk Daily Day Wise current Affairs MCQ Questions 23 May 2021 for all competitive exams, Hindu Paper explainer and Most important news of the day, Hindu newspaper current affairs for all UPSC and state exams. Complete day-wise current Affairs MCQ Questions 23 May 2021.
Daily Current Affairs MCQ 23 May 2021
1) Nepal President dissolved Nepal Parliament and fixed general election in November 2021, Who was the present Nepal President and Prime Minister respectively?
a) Bidhya Devi Bhandari and Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli
b) Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli and Bidhya Devi Bhandari
c) Bidhya Devi Bhandari and Cholendra Shumsher JB Rana
Answer: a) Bidhya Devi Bhandari and Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli
2) What is the name of the Nepal Parliament (Legislature)?
a) Federal Parliament
b) National Assembly
c) House of Representatives
Answer: a) Federal Parliament
Note: Nepal Upper house called as National Assembly and Lower house as House of Representatives
3) Who were the newly appointed Vice-Chancellors of Osmania University and Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University University, Hyderabad respectively?
a) D.Ravinder Yadav and Sita Rama Rao
b) T Ramesh and Katta Narsimha Reddy
c) D.Ravinder Yadav and Katta Narsimha Reddy
Answer: c) D.Ravinder Yadav and Katta Narsimha Reddy
Note: Other newly appointed Vice-Chancellors of Univiserties in Telangana were T Ramesh for Kakatiya University, Warangal, D Ravinder for Telangana University, Nizamabad, Sita Rama Rao for Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad, T Kishan Rao for Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad, Laxmikanth Rathode for Palamuru University, Mahabubnagar, Ch Gopal Reddy for Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda, Mallesham for Satavahana University, Karimnagar and Kavitha Daryani for Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University, Hyderabad.
4) Mudumbai Seshachalu Narasimhan, a renowned Indian mathematician passed away due to illness, some of the facts about him?
a) He worked on areas of number theory, algebraic geometry, representation theory, and partial differential equations.
b) Honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1990 and Ordre national du Mérite from France in 1989.
c) He was the only Indian to receive the King Faisal International Prize in the field of science.
d) All the above
Answer: d) All the above
5) Yuan Longping known as the Father of China’s Hydrid Rice, passed away due to illness, some of the facts?
a) In honor of Yuan Longping, 4 asteroids and a minor planet (8117 Yuanlongping) were named after him.
b) He was honored with World Food Prize in 2004.
c) He developed the first hybrid rice varieties in the 1970s.
d) All the above
Answer: d) All the above
Note: Yuan Longping also won the State Preeminent Science and Technology Award of China in 2000 and Wolf Prize in Agriculture in 2004.
6) According to Researchers from McGill University, which fish can adapt to extreme climatic changes?
a) Two-Spined Stickleback Fish
b) Three-Spined Stickleback Fish
c) Four-Spined Stickleback Fish
Answer: b) Three-Spined Stickleback Fish
7) Which country hosted the 7th meeting of the BRICS Astronomy Working Group (BAWG) virtually from May 19 to 20, 2021?
Answer: c) India
8) Who is the new President of the International Hockey Federation (FIH)?
a) Narinder Batra
b) Amit Panghal
c) Suresh Batra
Answer: a) Narinder Batra
Note: He was re-elected as President of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) by defeating Belgium’s Marc Coudron. He was the first Indian to head the international federation of Olympics sport in 2016.
9) Prestigious Etienne Glichitch Award in recognition of contribution to growth and development of sport in the country won by?
a) Hockey Australia
c) Hockey India
Answer: c) Hockey India
10) Which technique to be used in Tokyo Olympics by The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) for doping tests?
a) DBS (Dried Blood for banned Substance) Technique
b) DBS (Dopomic Blood for banned Substance) Technique
c) DBS (Drained Blood for banned Substance) Technique
Answer: a) DBS (Dried Blood for banned Substance) Technique
Note: Samples to be taken from fingertips, earlobes, shoulder, and thighs.
Hindu Paper Vocabulary 23 May 2021
Meaning: Lacking any obvious principle of organization.
Usage: The office looked like a haphazard jumble of cubicles and machines.
Meaning: Group of animals assembled, Group under the guidance of a leader.
Usage: Congress party trying to keep its flock together.
Meaning: Requiring great strength, Effort.
Usage: We have in front of us a herculean task.
Link: Fdaytalk Podcast